Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Write In and 750words.com

Ah, the joys of winter break. Today I am visiting my childhood friend Rhia and finally doing something we have planned for weeks: a write in. We settled down at a table in her office and sat in front of each other on our lap tops, writing and snacking and joking. There was hot apple cider with cinnamon sticks to stir in the flavor, and gingerbread cookies to hold us over until the homemade chicken soup finished simmering on the stove. I find this to be a very relaxing and fun way to keep each other accountable and quickly remedy writers' block, which has been a lot of trouble lately.

She told me about this site, 750words, where people can go and just write as a private exercise. Supposedly, 250 words is about what will fit onto one (I assume handwritten) page. Writing three pages of just whatever helps to get the blood going, so to speak, like a good stretch does after getting out of bed. Hopefully, this will help me power through today's goal.

Now, onward to finishing the first draft of my zombie novella!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it did help, and good luck with the zombies! I really enjoyed our write-in, we'll have to do it again sometime!

    ReplyDelete